Skip to main content
Invite Yourself to Dinner and How Pandas Got Their Spots
- As we learned in today’s episode, research shows that we humans enjoy our food more when we eat it with other people; even if that other person is ourself in a mirror! The next time you eat a snack, try eating it in front of a mirror, and be sure to start a conversation with yourself. Get to know yourself a little!
- Now that we know that “Crypsis” means the ability of an animal to avoid observation or detection by other animals, the next time you’re outdoors or on a hike with your family, be on the lookout for examples of camouflaging crypsis in nature!
- Come up with a 60-second story that includes the following things:
- Character: A panda
- Setting: A French restaurant where diners ate alone with their reflections
- Plot: A character has trouble blending in
- Once everyone in your family finishes their 60-second stories, share them over a meal together!