- Guy Raz declares the landfill to be “the worst place on earth for a picnic.” Can you imagine and even worse place for a picnic? What would it look like? What would it smell like? What’s the worst thing that could happen? Describe the scene!
- Mindy declares that the earth is starting to “freak out” because of the amount of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. Can you come up with an unusual or inventive way for you and your friends to help to limit your own carbon footprints?
- Now that we know that corn can be used to create sustainable products like forks, knives, and even shoes, what else can you imagine being made out corn?
- Imagine that your class is chosen as the very first group of kids to take a field trip to the moon! How would your class prepare? What would be written on the permission slip? What kind of rules would be set? What would you set out to learn and discover? What could possibly go wrong?
- Let’s pretend that you’ve just won a round trip ticket to Mars; BUT, you could only pack ONE item. What would that item be?
- Spend the next seven days on the lookout for big WOWs in YOUR world. When you find one, make a note of it, and share it with a friend!